Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Seven (7) years ago today...

I was so ready to have my firstborn. Hurricane Ivan had hit about a week and a half prior and the clean up was still in progress. We had power outage for about a week and we were very thankful for our generator and pop up camper. (who knew that a year later, Katrina would make us use the very same items, but with a one year old that had to suffer too) I was supposed to have a doctors appointment the Thursday after the hurricane but because of the power outages they cancelled all appointments. I made sure though that I had one for the following Monday. That was a very long weekend to say the least. Monday came and I went to the doctor and said that he just had to schedule my delivery, I just couldn't carry any longer. He checked his schedule and came back in the room and asked me how the next night sounded. Of course, I said GREAT! So, seven years ago today, I had my bags packed and was getting ready to go to the hospital to be induced.

When we got there to check in, there was no room in the inn! :) They told us to go have one last supper and then come back. Our last meal, was Arby's. It was very good, believe it or not, and we talked about how we couldn't believe that we were fixing to meet our son. Around 8 or 9 pm we go back to the hospital and checked in. Again no room but they did fit us into a spare closet of sorts. They put in medicine to loosen my c*rvix and get things going. They told me to sleep but of course I couldn't because of the pain from the medicine. Reluctantly I got a pain shot in my b*tt. I slept much better after that. Husband and I got to sleep some that night, only little did we know that that would be the last night of sleep for a while...

TBC...

No comments:

Post a Comment