Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The biting continues...

I have two year olds! I have one particular two year old who likes to bite!!

I have officially got the call from the school to let me know that A's continuous biting is becoming an issue and that one particular boys parents have been complaining. I truly understand, but I also know that there is nothing I can do but be firm with her and get through this phase. I have read everything possible and just don't see any other options than what I am already doing. Their solution for the next few days is to call me each time that the incident occurs and have me come to the daycare to discuss/discipline her. I am not sure this is going to work or if it will become a scenario where she knows if she bites she will get mom. They also mentioned to possibly call me and let her speak to me on the phone. Again, I think this will only be a fun thing for her and not punishment. The director said that there are three main biters in their room right now and that she is going to try putting them all in the same room to see if that is going to change anything. (I have read that this is not a good thing to do). We'll see.

The problem is her biting is not always provoked, IE not a defensive reaction. She just bites!?! I don't know why. When I talk to her about it she knows that she is not supposed to do it and quickly says she is sorry. I pray this "phase" comes to an end quickly. I really don't want to have to find other daycare options.

Pray without ceasing...

No comments:

Post a Comment