Friday, June 24, 2011

Calming down...

A little thing I want to remember for always: In the last few weeks at bedtime for the girls, they are placed in their cribs and they will reach up to be held. I will pick up A first and hold her like a baby and bounce/pat/rock and sing to her "You are my sunshine" and then "Rock a by baby". Then I put her back in bed and then it is Ls turn. On Tuesday when I did this, I was in the middle of As turn and L put her hands up really quickly and just kept saying "Sunshine, Sunshine, Sunshine". Just made my heart melt! Then last night in the bathtub, she did it again, asking for me to sing "Sunshine". I love all three of my children and they are all my sunshines! The light of my whole life! 

Things have calmed down a little around our house. The kids are well (for now) and we are in a routine again. I love routine. I think part of that is due to having the twins and how well things seem to work this way.

We have a vacation coming up very soon and I cannot wait! A whole week off work, a visit with my parents, and then with the in laws at the beach! I am praying for a relaxed attitude and calm toddlers, at least part of the time. :)

Family reunion is coming too! This is only a weekend trip but I have not gone in about 3-4 years, so it will be interesting this time. This is my maternal side of the family. My grandma is in her 90s and she has one other older sister that is still alive out of the 12 kids (I believe). I cannot wait to go to their old homestead and just look around. I remember going to a lot of the reunions as a kid and the memories that were made on that front porch. My girls will have so much fun in the country!

Two days ago marked only three more months till H's birthday! I absolutely cannot believe that he is going to be 7. It feels like just yesterday that he was a toddler.

This Saturday the Twins will be 22 months and only two months away from their second birthday! (Oh my that is alot of twos) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment