Wednesday, July 27, 2011

To me...


33 years =
396 months
1716 weeks
12053 =12045 days + 8 days(because 4 years one year is 366 days so)
289272 hours
17356320 minutes

Wow! Who would have thought I would make it this far. We live our days as if it is the last one. Worried that we may not ever finish high school, get married, have children, or be financially stable. I would tell 15 year old me to just slow down. Enjoy life a little more.

I wished I would have competed a little more in solo and ensemble. I wish I would have finished trying out for cheer leading in high school. I would tell myself not to worry about what people think about you in high school because once you graduate nothing from that period of life matters anymore.

I would tell myself not to worry about a husband, my time would come. And kids, slow down and enjoy single life and the money you have - take a good "blue water" trip before kids! God has a very grand plan once you decide to have kids, you will never guess what it is either and I could tell you but lets let it be a surprise.

I would tell myself, to love yourself, inside and out. Phases of life will come and go but you will always be. Also, show love to your parents more. One day you will understand a parents love and it will all become clear. They really do want what is best for you. Their ways are not always your ways but your ways are not theirs either!

I could go on and on but these things are what crossed my mind. I am happy to be turning 33 and cannot wait to be 40. It just means that I have survived another year of life (not the life/death thing but just life in general). I can learn and grow. As my children get older I can only hope to pass on some of the things I have learned and hope to get them to embrace slowing down in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment