Friday, May 27, 2011

Just another year?

Today marks my 11 year wedding anniversary. Was this past year just another year in my life? As I look at the back, I see change...oh so much change. This change was also growth. I truly believe, even with all the ups and downs in life, that God brought this man into my life. And with the struggles that we have been through, I can truly say that he loves me unconditionally. His love does truly amaze me.

We both entered into married from a background of the Christian belief, that marriage is till death do you part. I am by no means saying that there are not biblical reasons for divorce, but those reasons are not ones that I pray we will ever deal with. By no means has our marriage be one of just bliss. We have struggled, we have gone to counseling, and we have changed. By change, I mean that our dynamic has changed. We still have our own personalities and still have our same "ways" about us, but we are more considerate. Where I might have held onto things when he got me upset for a few days, I am now over them much quicker and just go on with things as if it didn't happen. He might not have considered my feelings before and now he will before he makes a decision. Choosing battles, just like with children.

God says that "It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet ~ Genesis 2:18". I struggle with this some days and have lost sight of this in the past. I was my husbands help meet. God made me for him and him for me. Sometimes I get so wrapped up in being a working woman, mom, cook, cleaner, ect. that I loose sight of my husband. I am sorry for that.

The past year was not just another year to mark off the calendar. It was a year of growth that I can visibly see. Although there are cloudy days and dark skys sometimes, there are alot more sunny days. I pray for my next year of growth and that God will lead me as a wife and help meet. I love our night devotions together and that moment of intimacy with him and God. Things that we can think about and grow together. For alone we are nothing but together...we'll see what we accomplish in the next year.

Happy Anniversary, baby, I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment