Thursday, May 19, 2011

In the beginning...

To give you a little background on the history of growing our little family. We had been married for three years and started trying to conceive. I had been ready for a few months before but husband just still wasnt sure. Then one day in the beginning of September 2003 he called me at work and asked me: "do you think I would make a good dad?". And that was the beginning of our family. In January we received a positive pregnancy test. I had a checkup done but still had some cramping a month later. The doctor decided to do a ultrasound early. Well, surprise to us, there were two sacs on the screen. What did this mean? Was it twins? Well we had a Baby A and a Baby B, but Baby B never had a heartbeat. The doctor proceeded to tell me that there was twins and that my body would probably absorb the one that had no heartbeat since it was so early in the pregnancy. We continued to be excited that we were pregnant with one beautiful baby! Since the other sac never had a heartbeat I didnt feel such a loss. Looking back now 6 years later, I do. Our son was born in September just a few day after hurrican Ivan in 2004. A beautiful, 7lb 5.5oz 20.5inchs, son! My husbands namesake!

Fast forward four years...My husband and I had bounced the idea around a few times about having a second child. I wasnt so sure that I wanted to rock the boat and have any more children. Things had finally settled down and our son was more self sufficient. In August I got on board that boat and decided that we could afford just one more baby. With our little income which needed to provide another year of day care for our son and then having formula, diapers, clothing, ect. We tryed to conceive for the next few months and by December I was tired of trying (I know that it was only a few months but again I wasnt so sure that I wanted to change our life). Well the last "try" was all it took and in January I was pregnant. I guess my husband has a thing about having September babies because this baby had a projected due date of September 21, one day before our sons birthday! We went into the doctors office exctied and scared. I had joked with my husband about the possibilty of twins but in my heart I just knew. We moved cities about a year and a half after our son was born so when we went to the new doctors office they confirmed the pregnancy and I advised the doctor about my past pregnancy history. He really didn't say much so I didnt think to much about the possiblity of it happening again. I was excited for the ultrasound to come in a couple weeks. Again, I just felt it. No additional signs but just a thought that was in my head. My husband and I went to the appointment, the wand was placed on my belly, WOW again two sacs. Not sure how to describe my feelings at that point but I know my thoughts were, ARE there two heartbeats??? Husband started pacing the room and just couldnt believe what he was seeing. I tried to get him to sit down but he just kept pacing. The answer was YES, indeed two heartbeats! TWINS  God has big plans for our growing family, they were not my plans, but His plans...

No comments:

Post a Comment